Let’s start with an easy question: Do you get the thrills when talking about how great people create great products? Yes? Okay, so far so good. Let’s jump to the next one: Would you like to be part of one of the best fintech companies coming out of Copenhagen, Denmark with ambitions to build the best workplace? If you can answer YES to this as well then we are off to a pretty good start. Let’s continue.
We are Risika. Data lovers, Culture geeks, Visionaries, Doers, Leaders, Gamers, Learners, Explores, Moms, Dads, Dog lovers, Strategists, Foodies but most importantly we are People-People and we genuinely believe that our people are the most important part of our company. Still with us? Great, then please keep reading.
We are looking for a UI/Interaction Designer based out of London that has the experience and skills to take us to the next level, but buying into the above and having a “we” approach to your job is an absolute must. Perfect, you are on board with that as well. Let’s dive a bit deeper into the role.
As a UI / Interaction Designer in Risika, you will be part of implementing our product cycles of six weeks. This allows each product squad to be autonomous and balance the workload over a longer time. It also allows for more curiosity, research and exploration since we’re not just ticking off to-do’s but focusing on what our customers really want and how we deliver the most significant impact. We’ve witnessed that six weeks is just the right balance between having a sense of urgency whilst fully implementing a new offering end-to-end.
We would like you to
- Shape the product experience, with best-in-class UI and interaction design
- Design elegant flows, screens and interactions for a diverse audience
- Challenge product briefs and always drive decision making to build better experiences
- Work on new features and improve existing ones
- Use a combination of data and customer feedback to refine and optimise screens, processes and micro-interactions
- Collaborate with other designers and advocate for design consistency and excellence
- Conduct design research and usability testing
- Think holistically, whilst being detail-oriented and delivery focused
- Be comfortable with being on a scaleup journey where things can be a bit chaotic at times
What we would like you to have
- 3+ years experience as a UI or Interaction Designer (ideally working for a high growth, technology-led startup or scale-up business
- An impressive design portfolio that demonstrates well thought out interface work and your flair and attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience building products that achieve business outcomes
- An inclusive and collaborative mindset and the ability to speak to professionals from different backgrounds
- A problem-solving mindset and the ability to translate insights into world-class digital products
- Adaptability, always open-minded and curious, and eager to learn new skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Confidence working in Figma, Sketch and other design tools (Adobe CC suite)
- Experience with prototyping tools such as Marvel, InVision or similar
- Confidence defining and working with design systems
You’ll probably have some other topics and ideas that we need to solve and that’s why the above bullets are what we imagine the main focus would be but we expect that you lay down the cards and help us understand what we need to focus on achieving our goals.
What you can expect from us
Of course we offer all the lovely benefits like an awesome location in the heart of East London, flexible working hours, the option to work remote and all of that good stuff. But the most important part is that we offer you the opportunity to join a one of a kind startup journey where you can create real impact (not just the buzz word kind of impact but real impact where you take full responsibility of your area of expertise) and work together with the friendliest and brightest minds in the industry.
In 2017 a small group of FinTech nerds from Copenhagen hatched a vision to challenge the faceless and old-school status quo within the exotic industry of financial risk management. We leverage machine learning to help companies predict paying and non-paying customers, while delivering more ideal customers, through the Risika platform. Our ever growing collection of nerdy teamplayers has origins in auditing, sales, data and computer science, all gathered to make sure that our solutions are as flexible, automated, and reliable as possible. We are trusted by more than 1000 finance and sales professionals across the Nordics, and we are closing in on 100 champagne celebrations since we started - a ritual that manifests our triumph virtue.